SAGA COMMUNICATIONS, INC. GENERAL CONTEST RULES
These are the rules governing all contests aired on 106.1 The Corner WCNR radio and on the 106.1The Corner.com website, unless otherwise specified. In the following rules, “106.1 The Corner WCNR” means Saga Communications of Charlottesville, LLC (dba – The Charlottesville Radio Group), which owns 106.1 The Corner WCNR radio:
1. No purchase is necessary to enter any 106.1 The Corner WCNR contest.
2. To be eligible to win any prize on 106.1 The Corner WCNR you must not have won anything on 106.1 The Corner WCNR in the past 30 days or any prize valued at $600 or more in the past 6 months. Only one winner per household is permitted within 30 days after a household has a winner. Any prize awarded to an ineligible listener will be deemed null and void, and an alternate eligible winner may be named.
3. Anytime you call the 106.1 The Corner WCNR studios you assume that your call will be broadcast or recorded and you grant us permission to broadcast the call or record it for later broadcast.
4. As a winner of a 106.1 The Corner WCNR contest your voice, name and/or picture may be used for promotional, broadcast, or internet purposes.
5. Prizes awarded are not redeemable for cash. No prize is transferable. No substitution for a prize will be made at the request of winner. 106.1 The Corner WCNR reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value.
6. All winners of all contests are responsible for all taxes on prize awarded. All winners of a prize valued at $600 or more will be required to complete the appropriate tax forms at the 106.1 The Corner WCNR studios prior to claiming prize. All winners will be sent a 1099 MISC federal tax form if in one calendar year the prize value of all prizes won exceeds $600.
7. In the event the winner is subject to or the subject of any order or legal process issued by any governmental agency having jurisdiction over the affairs of the winner (i.e. garnishment, child support order, judgment, lien, and the like), 106.1 The Corner WCNR delivery of the prize to the official representative of the governmental entity claiming a right to the prize shall be thus deemed as 106.1 The Corner WCNR awarding the prize to the winner. 106.1 The Corner WCNR shall be entitled to rely in good faith, upon any documents presented by the representative seeking to collect the prize in lieu of the winner. 106.1 The Corner WCNR shall not be liable for any claim by any winner for damages incidental thereto.
8. All 106.1 The Corner WCNR contests are open to all eligible Virginia residents 18 or over (unless otherwise specified). Contestants must possess a valid form of identification bearing the picture of the contestant acceptable to 106.1 The Corner WCNRthat will be presented to 106.1 The Corner WCNRand accepted before the prize is awarded. Employees of 106.1 The Corner WCNRCharlottesville Radio Group, and its ultimate parent company, Saga Communications, Inc., their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees and immediate families of each, and employees of all media of mass communication within a one hundred mile radius of the 106.1 The Corner WCNRmain studio are not eligible to win any contest. Immediate family includes the spouse, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee and his/her spouse. This also includes individuals for whom the employee is current legal guardian.
9. Winners will be expected to claim prize at the 106.1 The Corner WCNR studios, 1140 Rose Hill Drive, Charlottesville, VA 22903, between 8:00am – 5:00pm, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) within 30 days of being notified that they are winners, unless there is an expiration date on prize, which will be specifically stated.
10. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Contest is void where prohibited.
11. 106.1 The Corner WCNR reserves the right to disqualify any winner if any contest rules are violated in any way.
12. 106.1 The Corner WCNR, Saga Communications of Charlottesville, LLC (dba – The Charlottesville Radio Group), its parent corporation, Saga Communications, Inc., assumes no liability for situations, repairs, or incidents arising from any aspect of any prize awarded in any contest. 106.1 The Corner WCNR, The Charlottesville Radio Group, its parent corporation, Saga Communications, Inc., their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees, and immediate families of each absolve themselves and shall be held harmless from any action or liability arising from any contest or prize awarded in any contest.
13. As a licensee of the FCC and a trustee of the public airwaves, 106.1 The Corner WCNR reserves the right to interrupt and/or discontinue any contest or promotion (and not award the offered prize) at the discretion of 106.1 The Corner WCNR management if world events, the national mood, or public safety so warrant.
14. 106.1 The Corner WCNR reserves the right to amend the rules to any contest at any time. The judge’s decision is always final.
15. For any contest requiring phone entry you must use only the following number unless otherwise specified: (434) 970-1061. For texting it is 77000. The person operating the telephone at 106.1 The Corner WCNR has the final decision as to who is the winning caller.
16. 106.1 The Corner WCNRshall have no responsibility for contestant’s inability or failure to participate, failure to win or claim any prize based on malfunction or difficulties with telephone, cell phone, texting, email, or internet access, or any other circumstances in any contest beyond 106.1 The Corner WCNR’s control.
17. The following are specifically related to E-contests and E-Mail Club promotions on 106.1 The Corner WCNR com:
a. All appropriate information in required fields must be filled out correctly and completely or you will be disqualified.
b. To win a prize you must reside within the listening area of 106.1 The Corner WCNRas defined at the exclusive discretion of 106.1 The Corner WCNR management.
c. Any problems with the internet or email are not 106.1 The Corner WCNR’s responsibility.
d. Contestants who register to participate on our website may be required to produce a printed copy of proof of registration before being allowed to participate in the contest.
e. Due to the nature of our programs that are heard on-line over the internet, contests may not be heard at all. Contests heard on the radio 106.1 The Corner WCNR’s internet audio stream may be slightly delayed from the time the contests are heard on the broadcast 106.1 The Corner WCNR, and will be running behind the broadcast signal. Thus, all contests heard are delayed. This delay can last for as much as 30 seconds or more. This means that when 106.1 The Corner WCNRcontests are played that require a specific caller to telephone the radio 106.1 The Corner WCNR (such as “Caller number 9 when you hear the sound effect”), listeners to the on-line audio stream may be at a disadvantage in participating over those listeners who hear the contests on-air.
18. A copy of these rules are available during business hours at the 106.1 The Corner WCNR studios 1140 Rose Hill Drive, Charlottesville, VA 22903.
***Listeners with a suggestion or grievance regarding any contest should contact the following staff members:
Phone: 434 220 2300 WCNR
Program Director —————————- BRAD SAVAGE
Operations Manager ————————- RICK DANIELS
General Manager —————————- JIM PRINCIPI
Updated April 21, 2011