News

Fire In Venable Neighborhood Displaces UVA Students

Fire In Venable Neighborhood Displaces UVA Students

Photo: WINA

There was a fire early Monday in the basement of a UVA student apartment building. It happened at around 10:30 a.m. at 320 14th St. NW, a couple of blocks from the University Corner. Firefighters encountered heavy smoke and zero visibility in the basement. Several students living in the apartment building were evacuated. Nine of them were displaced. Nobody was injured. The cause was faulty wiring.

Latest News

in Music

This week’s top alternative tracks

mumford

LISTEN: This week's top alternative songs, according to the weekly Billboard chart.

in Entertainment

Netflix: What’s coming and going in June

netflix

Find out what you should watch this weekend and get a sneak peak at what's being added next month.

in Entertainment

REVIEW: The Earth quakes, cleavage shakes in ‘San Andreas’

17-overlay9

"San Andreas" is so over the top, Michael Bay might find it excessive.

in Music

Stars salute Pete Townshend

24-overlay6

The Who star was honored with a special concert for his longtime work with the MusiCares charity.

in Albemarle County, Local

Fire Destroys House In Crozet

Fire Crozet 5572 Three Notchd Road 052915 (DZ)

A house in Crozet was destroyed by fire Friday morning.