Those who work or shop in the downtown area have one less dining option. The Five Guys Restaurant in the 300 block of East Main Street has permanently closed. During most of the 20th century, the building that included that Five Guys was the downtown location of the old Miller and Rhoads department store. A sign on the door (pictured) encourages diners to visit the Five Guys restaurants in the Barracks Road Shopping Center in Charlottesville or the Hollymead Town Center in Albemarle County.
28 mins ago in Music
Paul McCartney met two members of the "Little Rock Nine," who helped inspire the hit Beatles song.
43 mins ago in Music
Some of the biggest names in rock are adding fuel to rumors of a mega-concert.
1 hour ago in Entertainment
Jim Beam has filled and sealed its 14 millionth barrel of bourbon since the 1933 repeal of Prohibition, achieving a first in the bourbon industry.
If the blockbuster movie was told entirely by characters on your cell phone.